Monday, January 2, 2012

Signs

I believe in signs. They are always there, waiting for interpretation. And I feel blessed to have recognized yesterday's as symbols and guidance for the coming year.

The first one was nestled casually in the Dear Abby column:

The Prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. 
Where there is hatred, let me sow love; 
Where there is injury, pardon; 
Where there is doubt, faith; 
Where there is despair, hope; 
Where there is darkness, light; 
Where there is sadness, joy. 


Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled
as to console; 
to be understood, as to understand; 
to be loved, as to love; 
for it is giving that we receive; 
and in dying that we are born to eternal life. 

So, you ask,  why is it a sign? What's the significance to me? In this past year, I have become personally attached to this prayer.  It symbolizes the birth and growth of an important friendship, which began in the last year. I have found myself turning to this prayer in times of searching.

I will not claim to be especially religious, though I am coming to appreciate what spirituality does for people more and more. The appeal of this prayer hits me in my heart center. The place that knows what is right and true, the very essence of me.

Essentially,  I feel like this prayer IS me. Maybe some people would think it's blasphemous to say such a thing, but for me it's just truth. I strive to BE peace, love, forgiveness, faith, light and joy. 

My wish for all is that we can all be in touch with the goodness inside. That we will all recover our connection to peace, love, light, joy, faith and forgiveness. And this is my wish for you.

With that said, take a moment to watch the following:  a short guide to a happy life. I think you'll be glad you did.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VSyuar6oF8

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment