Monday, January 9, 2012

I am 35!!!!

Wowee! I had the BEST. DAY. EVER!!!!!

I woke up to "Happy Birthday" wishes from my honey. Of course that set the tone.

I took a quick shower (never mind that the water was cold) and then started the day with an herbal body wrap appointment. My friend J. came over and I wrapped her chin and neck. Her daughter was with her and got some giggles out of Mom looking goofy. We got great results though, and will probably do a repeat in the near future.

After that, Hawea and I headed to the store, picked up a sub sandwich and headed over to Vicki's. Vicki and her subaru (aka Super Trooper) drove us to the summit of Mauna Kea. Wow. I had SO MUCH FRIGGIN FUN! :) We threw snowballs:



 and hiked a steep(ish) trail.


 I busted out my happy dance and held back tears of joy. I felt like the queen of the world. :)



It was the BEST. DAY. EVER!!!! Oh yeah, I said that already. :)

We ended the evening with dinner at Cafe Pesto. We shared an appetizer of coconut crusted calamari on a bed of shredded cabbage and pickled ginger. It had a tangy, fruity dipping sauce. Nom nom nom. Next up was my meal of smoked salmon alfredo - amazing smoked salmon, fettucine noodles with a light cream sauce, tossed with baby spinach, capers, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms, and paired with a glass of white wine. My mouth was in flavor heaven.

Most definitely, it was a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment