Friday, January 27, 2012

It's The Little Things...

I've been following some bloggers who have a contagious habit of posting pictures on Friday - of the little things that made the week memorable. It's a nice way to be oriented to the present moment and to be in a state of appreciation.

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "The present moment is full of joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it." 

Below are some simple pleasures from the past two weeks that made me smile. That will catch me up and I'll be sure to pay more attention during the coming week.

Without further ado:


We organized our kitchen cabinets and cupboards. I can't even begin to describe how much better we both feel having tamed the chaos. Things we didn't need were tossed out or packed away (if they belonged to Hawea's mom or grandparents). Freedom from clutter is so liberating. 

 I finally got my mojo back. For almost a full week, I've been skipping my workouts, working too much, and stressing too much. Finally laced on my tennies and got my sweat on. Felt great! The tattoo is healing nicely, and it looks cute with my new workout pants. Maybe I'll post a picture of that next week. :)

Yet another attempt at a "green" smoothie. This one was actually green. Made from greek yogurt, sliced kiwi, pineapple tidbits and juice, spinach leaves, and dark chocolate chips. It was okay, not great. Probably much better without the yogurt, IMO. 

After margaritas and mexican food last Friday night, I was craving cheesecake. We walked around the block and popped into Cafe Pesto. The writing in red says "New York Style Cheesecake with Fresh Strawberries". Hawea is a cheesecake purist. She hates toppings of any kind. So guess who didn't have to share? ;)

 I just like the advice here. Seems solid to me. 

 Just a good hair day. Hey, this post is about the about the little things, right? 





Lots of veggies for dinner. (Above) Spinach salad with hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, honey mustard.

(Right) Pork chop, dinner salad, and "fauxtatoes" aka mashed cauliflower. It is SOOOOOO good. What a sneaky (tasty) way to get the veggies in.

Caramel Frappucino from Starbucks. SO YUM.
And, I *heart* my new seat covers.





I discovered Instagram this week!!! ------->
(More veggies, goooo me!)
Steak, zucchini spears, and salad.
Yes, I likes me food.




Find a penny, pick it up....
I am overjoyed when I find pennies on the ground. I'm excited if I find one, and over the moon if I find 3 or 4 in the same walk.


Until next week..... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment