Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Who is this healthy girl?

I am so stoked! This morning I decided to give juicing an honest effort and I made a batch of carrot / cucumber / celery / apple juice. It was really orange and really healthy tasting when I took my first sips. Slightly earthy, with a crisp, subtle sweetness. It was actually GOOD! Beyond the taste, there's the way I felt after drinking it. Energized. Charged up. Ready for the day.

In fact, I felt so great that I'm actually thinking about swapping out my morning cup of coffee for fresh juice.  It's a pretty tempting idea - considering that it's almost 9 pm and I still have energy. Laziness would be the main reason I don't give it a go (cleaning the juicer every morning could get old). Then again, it could be the start of a grounding new routine. It's all in how you look at things, right?

Before I sign off, I want to share one of today's mental victories. Each of my co-workers sat next to me eating huge pieces of decadent looking chocolate covered cheesecake during a meeting today. I didn't bat an eye when someone offered me a piece, and I didn't even feel too sorry for myself. (Okay, well, maybe a little.) The point is, I can feel my focus to be healthy is so much greater than my desire for crap. And that, my friends, is a victory!

If anyone's curious about today's liquid fare, here's what I "ate":
* Ensure targeted nutrition chocolate shake (25 g protein)
*Fresh carrot / cucumber / apple / celery juice
*Bolthouse farms vanilla chai tea (soy)
*Smoothie with coconut milk, natural peanut butter, banana, and a spoonful of Jif mocha cappucino spread
*Homemade pureed carrot, spinach, onion, garlic, ginger chicken broth

I also splurged and had a few bites of baked chicken and half an avocado. OMG. Avocado never tasted so good.

Here's to health!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment