Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Mondays are for starting fresh

It was another juicy day here on the Big Island...
 I tried a new recipe, upon the recommendation of an old high school classmate. Kale, ginger, lemon, celery, and a fuji apple. I threw a cucumber in there for good measure.
 I love the vibrant colors! Last week's carrot / apple / etc. concoction was nice, but this looks electric.
 I really shouldn't post this... Vea first thing in the morning, before the first sip. Good thing she never gets online. Maybe I can get away with it! LOL!
And finally, my first go-round with Sassy water. It's featured in the Flat Belly Diet - to detox and reduce bloat. Ginger, mint, cucumber and lemon slices steeped in water overnight, then strained out the next morning. I figured what can it hurt? Ginger and mint are supposed to be good for the ol' gut.

As you can see.... it was quite the refreshing day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment