Wednesday, October 24, 2012

TMI Tuesday (for 10/24)

As a person with Crohn's, I find that the pertinent details in my life often fall into the category of Too Much Information. While it makes sense to avoid topics people are uncomfortable with, it's also socially isolating. In the interest of authenticity, I'm launching a series of post called "TMI Tuesday".

Technically, yesterday was Tuesday, so this post is already a day late. Which is an accurate reflection of the pace I've been moving at. I had a slow and sluggish start and throughout the day, I complained frequently of fatigue and tiredness.  I struggled to find words to capture the feeling. It felt like all of the energy in my body was being leached from my bones. There were weird things going on in the ol' digestive system, and I wasn't hungry at all. My food intake for the day consisted of a veggie juice in the morning, a handful of potato chips, and a soup for dinner.

V was a complete sweetheart and called me to tell me there was a boot sale at Macy's... and that if I could find a pair I liked, she'd buy them for me. I was stoked, but didn't feel good. When the first pair didn't fit, I pretty much abandoned the sale. I didn't have it in me to keep searching. You know a girl isn't feeling right when she can walk away from a fall boot sale!

The ride home was... well, I promised TMI, so I should deliver TMI. I don't know if I can go there quite yet, in detail. Nor do I believe anyone wants me to. I'll leave out the details and allude instead.

Today, Wednesday, has been a better day. My appetite is returning and my energy levels are better. I was actually a whiz at work. The low point would be the frequent restroom visits, which is tricky when your job involves being on the road and visiting people's homes. (Most of which, you couldn't pay me to use the restrooms of). Are you starting to get the picture? A day in the life of a chronie....

I'm looking forward to dinner tonight, and hoping my body receives it well. We have a bunch of tomatoes from Steve's garden still, so we're experimenting with cooking them down, along with mushrooms, garlic, onion and some italian sausage... and pairing it with spaghetti squash. Please, body, please...  play nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment