Sunday, October 21, 2012

Big Island Love: Super Saturday

First things first: I had a "Saturday splurge" meal. Except... it was on Friday night. 
All I can say is ... YUM, YUM, YUM! 
Peppercorn shrimp, mandarin chicken, honey walnut shrimp, thai cashew chicken and crab rangoon. And, obviously, noodles. My taste buds did a serious happy dance. 

I was going to skip the fortune cookie, but now I'm glad I didn't! ;) 

Before going to bed, I did several yoga poses to help with digestion. It's become a bit of a nightly ritual and I'm convinced that it helps.  As a bonus, I'm starting to feel a bit like a bendy-bad-ass.

This morning, I was stoked to have a couple of different plans to choose from: a hike in volcano or trying stand up paddle boarding for the first time. Although I'm feeling better by the day, I questioned whether or not I have the strength for SUP just yet. 

I opted for the hike. The wind was whipping and there was a powerful silence as we trekked across the lava. Not a day goes by without my feeling grateful to be here.  
.
It started to rain as we wrapped up our hike. I missed the farmers market today, so had to hit KTA for the produce. $30 later, and we're stocked up with fruits and veggies for the week.

I finished the evening with a nice healthy dinner: more of Steve's tomatoes and Joane & Terri's avocado with balsamic vinaigrette. A few bites of pork steak and I have one happy belly! 

All in all, it was another beautiful Big Island day. My heart is happy. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I love SUP (and working on becoming a bendy-bad-ass!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kate! :) I just saw this comment today. I'm gonna hop on over to your blog and check you out right now. :)

    ReplyDelete