Thursday, October 18, 2012

Force versus Desire


One of the blogs I follow covered a useful topic today: getting back on track when you've veered a bit from healthy habits. http://fitting-it-all-in.com/ways-to-get-back-on-track/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ways-to-get-back-on-track

My response to the question surprised me a little. For a lot of people, the "just do it" approach is the way to go. Put on those tennies and sweat it out, even if you don't feel like it. In other words, "suck it up, princess". This has been my approach for the past 3 years, and overall, it's better than the "just ignore it" mentality I had going on before.

But I think I'm on to something better. What about inspiring yourself, instead of forcing yourself, into action? I truly believe that the way we feel about ourselves, our lives, our activities, is translated through our every action. The results will take on the energy of our creative efforts.

If you eat healthy, but wish you didn't have to, you're sprinkling a bit of resistance into every bite. What should taste amazing has a surprisingly bitter aftertaste, if you're secretly coveting your friend's free-for-all at the buffet.

If you choose, instead, to recognize healthful food for what it is - one of the best gifts you could ever give yourself, you'll relish every single mouthful. Healthy is amazing.

Stay tuned for my next post - in which I address ways to inspire yourself to healthy habits. It's one you wont want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment