Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Everything under the kitchen sink" post :)

First of all, I have to say it: mornings in Hawaii rock! On a rare day when I'm up before 6 am, this is the view from my living room window. I am surrounded by beauty every single day - and not a day goes by that I'm not grateful for that.

I've been a little busy this week, and getting really excited about the upcoming trip to Iowa and Illinois. I'm very excited - our last trip back was 4 years ago. I just wanna hug my friends! The big finale will be Nikki and TJ's wedding. This special event has been a long time coming and I'm so honored and excited to be part of their celebration. Really, I just wanna be stepping off the plane already!

Some of my accomplishments this week include buying a couple more items of clothes that actually fit (a pair of skinny jeans, a top, and a couple cute pairs of ballet flats). Usually the shopping process leaves me feeling frustrated and unsatisfied (even if I buy something). Lately though,  I'm actually happy about my finds. Pretty sure it has to do with expanding my horizons and being willing to try different things. Can we say, personal growth?

On to the nutrition update: 
Some days it's hard to remember everything I eat. I use the "My Fitness Pal" app on my phone to track it, which helps.
  • Yesterday's breakfast: coffee with peppermint mocha creamer. 
  • Yesterdays' lunch: one piece of chicken satay, homestyle mashed potatoes, 1/3 an avocado, a few cherry tomatoes, and some vegan coconut broccoli soup.
  • Yesterday's snack: I had a moment of weakness and splurged on 2 1/2 pieces of chicken strips from McDonald's drive through. What can I say? It tasted pretty good, but  noticed a greasy feeling in my mouth afterward. 
  • Yesterday's dinner: about 2-3 oz of steak. OMG. It was so good. It was another moment of weakness, because truly I wasn't hungry, and it's not healthy to stuff my body with food it doesn't need. I guess yesterday was just a "letting go" kind of day. 
  • Yesterday's dessert: 2 tbsp of nutella, out of the jar. That's right. 
Lifestyle update:  I skipped morning meditation, and instead hopped around on blogs and Facebook. It was a busy "go go go" kind of day, from one appointment to the next. My meals were late and rushed - no planning and impulse choices. I didn't remember to get much water in.  I was up too late (reading on my kindle) and it was almost midnight before lights went out.  It was the kind of day that helped me really value healthy routine and structure, so my goal is to do better today. Here's to "weak things made strong". 


No comments:

Post a Comment