Monday, September 24, 2012

The roller coaster

This is my second post in a day. I've spent most of today (Sunday) sleeping. When I wasn't sleeping, I was a lump on the couch, surfing Pinterest, eyeballing every delectable food picture and "eating with my eyes". I'm not sure that was the brightest move, considering the dietary guidelines I need to follow right now.

 I feel weak today. My energy is quite low. For breakfast I had a glass of V-8 juice, and later a glass of grape juice, diluted with water. I had miso soup for lunch, and more grape juice in the afternoon. French onion soup (minus the onions) was dinner. And I popped a few ginger chews in the afternoon. I will also admit to caving and eating the York Peppermint Patty that was hiding in the vegetable crisper.

My stomach is bloated and I look like a little tank. It's clear to me that I need to stick to the liquid diet to the best of my ability, and using fresh fruit and veggie juices as much as possible is probably the way to go. So, here's my plan to make tomorrow the best day it can be.


  • Make up my mind to change habits. 
  • Believe I can do it. 
  • Take it one day at a time. 
  • Go to bed in a peaceful frame of mind and get enough sleep.
  • Meditate for 20 minutes in the morning. 
  • Breakfast: fresh juice from the juicer. Carrot, celery and ginger maybe? It's what we have on hand. 
  • Get some exercise, even if it's light and easy. (A walk outdoors, or some yoga, maybe). 
  • Drink plenty of water. (This one is really not a habit for me, and never has been.)
  • Balance my checkbook. It will make me feel better. 
These aren't huge things. But they may have a huge impact on my sense of well-being. I will do it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment