Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Advice from Auntie O

About two weeks ago, I caught a re-run of Oprah's Master Class. I've seen it at least once before, but this time, I was riveted. I took notes. It was as if her words were aimed directly to me. She seemed like my wise old auntie offering sage advice.

A quick re-cap of what was shared that day:

"You are worthy."
"When you do well, people notice."
"Luck is the moment of preparation meeting opportunity."
"Believe in divine order - everything that has happened in your life is preparing you for what is to come."
"Don't pretend to be what you're not."
"Anyone pretending to be anything other than who you truly are will never ever reach your personal potential. It can't happen."
"The universe speaks to us first in whispers. It's subtle and if you don't pay attention it gets louder."
"We are more than we appear to be."
"Grow to greatness."
"You are not alone."
" Everyone just wants to know 'Did you hear me? Did what I had to say mean anything to you?"
"Stay true to your calling."

And last, but not least...

"What is real, what is lasting, is who you are and the gift you were meant to bring. No one can take that away from you."

No comments:

Post a Comment