WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU SPENT MORE TIME DOING FIVE YEARS AGO?
Five years ago it was 2007. I had lived on the Big Island for a year and was still getting a feel for my new life.
1. We were still adjusting to life as caregivers Hawea's grandpa. He LOVED ice cream. And car rides. And patches of blue sky. Such simple pleasures and they were easy to give. Now that he's gone, I wish we would have done more.
2. Beach bumming, baby! It took me a good 3 years of living here before I ventured to the beach by myself. I have since seen the error of my ways and go as often as possible. It amazes me that I let three years of beautifully beach-worthy days pass right by.
|At Richardson's (black sand) beach|
3. Eating right and exercising. I"ll lump these two together since they're two sides to the same coin. Five years ago, I believed ice cream, popcorn, Burger King and beer were the main food groups. A typical breakfast consisted of Cheetos and Mountain Dew. (I'm slightly horrified as I write this and realize how completely TRUE it was.) Long story short - I got sick, and changed some habits so I could feel healthy and strong. And my life is much better for it!
|Better choices these days!|
|Being active is awesome! Standing with Flat Stanley on the bottom of a volcanic crater.|
4. Saving money for travel. It's expensive to fly back to the mainland. I missed a dear friend's wedding because I didn't have it banked. Not going to let that happen again!
5. And last but not least, SMILING, relaxing, loving life and being thankful. I'm sure I did my fair share, but in this case, more is always better. To quote a line from Dawson's Creek.... "Too much of a good thing is an even better thing."
What do YOU wish you spent more time doing 5 years ago?