Saturday, October 13, 2012

Why I'm so grateful

The beauty of the Big Island is stunning. I often believe my words don't do it justice. I've been thinking about this a lot, since we're traveling to Iowa and Illinois in a couple of weeks. It will be hard to explain in words alone what it's like to live here. 
 "Awesome", while true, doesn't exactly tell the whole story. Does it? 
 I snapped these pictures with my trusty iphone yesterday afternoon (Friday). I ended up at the beach because my my afternoon appointment had cancelled and I was only 5 minutes away from this bliss when I got the call. This is why it's always a good idea to travel with a packed beach bag, extra towels, etc. :)
 I think it's funny that I have no qualms posting pictures of myself looking like a drowned rat .... it's because I'm so happy and relaxed I just don't give a crap! :) Never in a million years, if I still lived on the mainland, would I think of posting a picture like this. The island has relaxed me a zillion times over. (That's pretty scary, because I still have tons more relaxing to do, I think!)
 This is the view from my towel, looking up. Sometimes I wonder how wise it is to perch myself directly beneath the coconut tree.
 The zoom isn't quite powerful enough, but there are baby coconuts hanging out up there. :)
Someone was adjusting their snorkel mask before going back in. The water was playful, and so friendly. People were having a blast on their boogie boards, stand up paddle boards. I swam with a few honu (turtles) and basically played like I was a kid again. 

All on a whim on a Friday afternoon. A day like this is just one of the many reasons why I love living in Hawaii, and why I'm so grateful. 

Aloha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment