Thursday, July 5, 2012

Embracing and LOVING my life!

Can I just say, I LOVE MY LIFE??? :) 

It's been a great year.... a pivotal year, actually. I turned 35 in January and marked that milestone with my first trip ever to the top of Mauna Kea. Nothing like venturing to the top of a sacred mountain to set the tone for an amazing, life changing year. 

In the last 6 months, I've gone through many positive changes, some bigger than others. I've gone through some trials and challenges, and I've been blessed beyond belief. I just can't express enough how grateful I am for this life I've been given. 

Yesterday was July 4 - Independence Day. It was special in the simplest of ways. My friend J and I went to Hilo Soup Co. for lunch and meandered around by the festivities by bayfront. There was such a palpable energy to the moment. We were so ALIVE and thankful.  We strolled past the classic car show, the BBQ cookoff, the rhythmic music, the bouncy castles and throngs of people, to a patch of solitude beneath a coconut tree. Blue skies, fluffy white clouds, a cool breeze and the gift of friendship. Really, who needs anything more? We finished the day with a trip to the mall, and the discovery that $1 for 3 minutes in a massage chair is maybe the best investment ever. Who knew??? :)

It's July 5 today - and I feel as if I'm officially embarking on the 2nd half of a milestone year. I'm so excited to see what the next 5-6 months bring. And so very grateful. 

More to come......!!!! Muuah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment