Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Waking with Gratitude: Tuesday top 10

It's such an incredible feeling to wake up and be filled with gratitude. I am thankful for every aspect of my  life. It's the little things, as much as the big things, that make my heart sing.


  • My lightweight striped pajama pants. They're mellow, they're comfy and they make me feel smart. Really, whoever set the trend for separating day wear from night clothes should get that designation, but for now, I'll take it. 
  • My coffee this morning. Brewed perfectly, enough for two cups. In my adorable honu (green sea turtle) mug. 
  • Waking up to a text message and picture of one of my best friends.... in a Batman costume. Because it's Super Hero Day at the Office Max call center. Of course! 
  • Modern medicine.
  • My amazing, incredible, resilient, loving friends. I learn so much from them. I admire them. I respect them. They rock!
  • My job. Okay. There! I admit it! My job is not always the catastrophic nightmare it has been of late. It often brings me happiness and joy. There are quite a few days when I feel that I'm doing something worthwhile, making a difference in the world. 
  • God. I'm not a traditionally religious person at this point in my life. But I am spiritual. I believe that God exists in many forms. I know that I am being guided. I am uplifted and I am grateful. 
  • Let's get basic here: my car! It runs, I can afford to put gas in it. Vroom, vroom, baby!  
  • My health. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the current of wellness flowing through my body. 
  • ME. I'm far from perfect, I make mistakes like everyone else. I have moments of poor judgement and there are times when I seem to snap, crack or pop under pressure. But I'm human. I'm so grateful that I finally understand that perfection isn't realistic. Authenticity is where it's at. 
Cheers to a terrific Tuesday! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for your sweet comment over on my blog the other day...your username made me smile so I wanted to stop by here to read a little about you! It's always nice to meet new blog friends, especially those of us that are lucky enough to live in Hawaii! Which island are you on? I think I read in another post that you're on the Big Island?

    I loved reading your gratitude list - you have a very positive attitude (and I like!). I know sometimes it is hard to keep up the momentum with blogging, but if it is something you enjoy, you should keep at it, because you write beautifully...very thought provoking!

    Aloha,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete