Thursday, June 23, 2011

A few extra moments...

Getting up just a little bit early can lead to a surprisingly big payoff.

I heard a while ago how powerful it can be to wake up at least 30 minutes before your normal time, prop yourself up on your pillows and allow yourself time to "just be" in silence. The idea is that if you take time to appreciate your life before jumping right into it, you will set the tone for everything else that happens that day.  I will admit, I rolled my eyes when I heard that. I mean, it sounds nice and all, but who actually does that? Well, as of yesterday, me. :)

I was tempted to stay snuggled in bed, but didn't give in.  I got up, enjoyed a cup of coffee and then realized if I put my shoes on right now, I could get out the door, have time for a run, make it through the shower and get to work on time. If I left RIGHT NOW. So, I listened to that nudging voice. I did it. I laced up my shoes and headed out the door.

The sky was clear, the sun was bright and Mauna Kea was brilliant and beautiful. I snapped a pic with my trusty iphone and headed on my way.


A couple of miles later, something shiny caught my eye. I've run this route a hundred times easily, but never noticed it before. There it was, sparkling in the sun: 




I knew it was a sign. I finished my run, got ready for work and got on with the rest of my day, feeling like a million bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment